I am an avid reader and I love to learn new things. I also like to be reminded of things I have maybe heard before but in a different way (or even the same way many times until it sinks in). A little refresher I picked back up this weekend was from a time management guru, Brian Tracy. I have a challenge for you. While this may seem obvious, by focusing on one thing at a time, you will increase your productivity, be more efficient with your days and eliminate much of the stress and anxiety associated with multitasking.
1. Clean off your entire desk or workspace.
2. Put all of your projects neatly into one pile and move them off your desk.
3. Pull out one project (presumably the one with the highest priority) and do not touch anything else on your desk until you have that one project completed. Do not stop to answer the phone or check email unless there is something urgent that you need to address. If a thought pops into your head with regard to a different project, write it down, put that piece of paper into your file and go back to the task at hand.
4. Stay 100% focused on the task at hand until it is fully completed.
5. File everything related to that project and take the second most critical project off the stack and again, focus on it 100% until it is finished.
I hope you can try this, and I mean REALLY try this. I would LOVE to hear your comments and other strategies that work for you!! If you want to hear more from Brian Tracy, he has some really great small business strategies and many are free!!