One of the best ways to grow your business is to help other business owners grow theirs.
Like Zig Ziglar said, “You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”
Here’s what you can do tomorrow, Small Business Saturday, to help your business and your community:
1) Put on your shoes and hit the streets, visiting locally-owned small businesses today. It only takes 15 minutes to pop into a local store.
2) Introduce yourself to the business owner. They’ll be working because today is a BIG day for them. Compliment them on something they are doing well.
3) Let the business owner know you want to boost their business today by sharing a few of their products on social media with your friends and clients.
4) If you can, make a purchase for someone on your holiday list.
5) Post a photo of a fun item from their store on your social media to remind your friends to #shopsmall. Tag the business if they have a social media presence. Tag me, too, so I can see what you find!
6) See my favorite #shopsmall finds today on Instagram.
I’ll be shopping small tomorrow in New York City after I go on Fox News. My favorite high school small business owners from my community are joining me on Fox & Friends Saturday morning to shine a light on the impact small business owners can have.
7) Follow up with the business owner next week via a handwritten note that includes your contact information, a note of encouragement and a hint of possibly working together in the future. Here are a few of my favorite photo notecards.
There’s no better way to grow your business than by supporting others who have the same dreams as you. enJOY shopping small!
1 Comment on Build your business while you shop on Small Business Saturday