In January I view my business, my house and my life in a different way.
It’s like there’s a giant bright spotlight on all broken crap I put up with in 4th quarter because I was too busy to fix.
I can’t HELP but see it!
And it makes me sick to my stomach when I realize how much time I wasted coming up with creative work arounds, putting on blinders and ‘good enough for now’ excuses because I couldn’t find time to stop and fix them in the busy season.
I know you’re with me and probably did the same thing!
Admittedly right now I’m going a little overboard becoming Mrs. Fix It.
- That washing machine that hasn’t worked right for the last 2 years.
- The gross basement that with my hoarding tendencies has turned into a collection place for everything I was too busy to put away or donate….totally cleaned out after five trips to the Goodwill and my 3 kids being home for 2 weeks from school.
- My messed up back and shoulders from lugging the camera around for years (and hunching over since I’m 6 feet tall)….on a rehab plan with a great doc to fix.
I’m doing the same thing in my business.
- The software updates I SHOULD have downloaded last year…..happening this week.
- The displays that need freshened up… choosing images from 4th quarter sessions and waiting for the semi-annual whcc sale to start.
- The clients who I haven’t seen in at least 2 years…..I’m writing notes of Joy and making phone calls this month to talk about new products I’ve added since the last time they were in.
When I was scrubbing through all the things I’m fixing, I thought you may need help fixing these same things.
Here’s a video that hopefully will help you focus on fixing the broken stuff in your business.